Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My day from....a very dark place

I hope I can make it through this blog entry, because the things I will reveal from my very frustrating day was just !@$%&@! AHHHHH! (BIG SIGH!!!)

Okay, so yesterday I had a day, yes a very rough day. Aubrey woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I came out to find her face in the cereal bowl Rylan gave her before he left to work. I clean her up, but she was just getting started.

After breakfast is over I put her in a bath, because usually they cheer her up and plus her hair was pretty gross from dried milk in her hair, remember the cereal earlier. Yeah! Well, then my sister Emily came over to drop off her kids for a while because she is moving. I have watched her two kids with my two kids before and it was actually pretty easy, well the stars were not aligned that day. So, while she is dropping them off Aubrey comes from around the corner with pink, peptobismol pink ink on her hands. I go around the corner, to discover that she found a pink ink pad and had decided to color on my moms walls with it. I quickly respond with super hero speed and force to pry off the ink from the wall. "Whew," I think to myself that was a close one. Well, it gets even better. Emily leaves and I decide it is lunch time. I feed the girls pears and chicken nuggets with a little pile of ketchup. I sit at the table with them until the babies both start fussing and need me to hold them. So, I leave my post to console the fussy babies. Meanwhile, I hear the girls giggling behind me, and I think, "oh how sweet." As I turned my head towards the giggling, my mom's white bichon frise dog (Yuki) comes walking around the couch with ketchup covering her back. KETCHUP AND WHITE FUR!!! YUCK!!! I quickly shew her outside before she shakes and sprays ketchup everywhere. Aubrey is put in time out.

I strongly believe that while she was in time out, she was conceiving another strike against me. Once she is out Aubrey plays quietly for a moment by Addy. However, she seizes another opportunity and begins pouring water all over Addy's head. Oh my goodness!!! I need help or therapy!

THAT IS IT!!! IT IS NAPTIME!!! I put the the older girls down, and then Addy down for a nap. Emily comes and takes the little guy with her to keep packing.

I have a few hours of no mishaps, it's a miracle!

Well, the girls wake up and I give them a snack and then send them outside to play. We have been having beautiful weather here in AZ. So, I leave the sliding glass door open, so they can come and go. I begin cooking dinner. As I come around the kitchen island I discover that Aubrey has been smuggling sand in a play-doh rolling pen and dumping it in in the middle of the kitchen floor just hidden from my view!

Now, at this point in the day, I begin to question, "who is this child and what has she done with my angelic little girl !?!?!" Well, I decided that I need to take a picture of her with all of her little accomplices.



The evening continued on with a struggle to get to bed because cousin Louisa was still over and Aubrey and her just have too much fun. So, there it is my day from a very dark place!!! (SIGH)

17 comments:

M. said...

go to a HS and tell that story, sure form of birth control :) Worked on me at least! ha ha! I hope today is better

Kymi said...

Molly! First of all, congrats on making it through the day without commiting a crime! Doesn't it feel like they are out to get us, they are kids and they want to ruin our day on purpose. I'm sure you will have many more days like this. The greatness of being a mom, but there is something that we love about it. Good luck, and keep smilin!

Liz said...

Oh, my goodness I was tired fromjust reading it!!
what a crazy day and I'm sure you'll laugh years from now that you've written this and can share with Aubrey when she is a mother.
But coming back into the present, what a yucky day, and if it were me I'm sure there were tears that were shed. Let me just give you a virtual hug!!

Rustino Scar said...

don't hate, but I think I laughed all the way through your post. I guess I'm in a place where I don't have children, nor have any children frequently in my life, so I couldn't help but laugh--even though I don't really relate. anyways, I hope things change up for you! I can only imagine how frustrating how that would be. take care!

Bethany and Cameron said...

Oh Molly--that post almost made me cry tears of frustration! I am soooo sorry.:( I am just impressed you made dinner with all that mess goin' on around you! Way to go! You are supermom!:)

Stefanie Panhuyzen said...

My Mom always said kids are like sponges - the soak up all our energy but once they squeeze/hug you you get it all back.
I hope today is a better day! :)

smilingsarahbear said...

Hey Molly... not sure if you'll remember me or not but I went to Show Low. I happened on your blog and I love it. Your girls are gorgeous! I totally know what it's like to have a "day from a very dark place." Oh the joys of motherhood. Anyway... thought I'd say hi and don't be a stranger. I actually think I saw you when you were pregnant with your youngest at the Dr.'s office but I was to embarrassed to say hi. I'm a dork. Anyway... love the blog.

Anonymous said...

Dear Molly,
Maybe if you watched Supernanny this would never happen.
Love, Becca
P.S. I'm trying to be funny...it doesn't really translate in type.

The Shepro's said...

I keep saying I wish my 19 month old would learn to listen when I say No. Then a mother of a 16 year old said, "they never do". That was not encouraging. Hope these kind of days are few and far between. Loves Robyn
PS Are you going to the mission reunion?

CF Is Not Forever said...

Funny day! I had to come and read about it because you made the bloggin grapevine on that one!

Deb said...

This goes to show that your not only the world's greatest friend, but World's greatest mom for keeping it all togther! Auh man next time call and say "Deb watch the kids it's been a rough one!!!" You know I would! So lesson learned, call your friend's in times of need!

Anonymous said...

Hi Molly it's Janel Brookbank Solomon. I stumble on your blog when I was visiting Myrs and couldn't beleive how cute your girls are. I can totally relate to your day I have two little girls too and my oldest is very capable of the same things in fact I beleive I have had a day like yours if not more. I love your blog and again your girls are adorable.

MyR said...

Those are the days that you just hand the kids over to Rylan when he gets home and go out for ice cream! I've even called Chris and told him that he got to do dinner so he needed to start thinking. Sometimes you deserve a break!

Unknown said...

Hey Molly! This is Michelle Covert! I saw your link on Steph and Paddy's blog! So fun to see your little girls are read about thier escapades. Hope all is well! One of my good friends out here grew up in Show Low...I forgot her maiden name, but her name is Maren. Anyway, I hope all is well! My blog is www.michelleleona.blogspot.com
Take Care,
Michelle

Marian and Sadie said...

Hey, I was just looking for your e-mail address and found you blog. How are you doing. Your kids are sooooo stinkin cute. I was to come over a play with them...really. So I have a blog now...it mostly for our adoption but I will us it to keep in touch with my friends and fam. So when can we visit? We live so close to eachother. There is no reason way we shouldn't be closer friends....unless you don't like us j/k ;0) I know you think we're dope! But for real...when can we play. We need more member friends. What's your e-mail address?
Always, Marian

Marian and Sadie said...

Hey, I don't have your number bu e-mail it to me at sisragsdale1@hotmail.com. And no I'm not going to the reunion, we have to much stuff going on right now. Are you going?

Marian and Sadie said...

Hello Friends and Family!

We are hoping with all our hearts to adopt, and we hope that you can
help us. These days, most adoptions are started by the baby's biological mother who learns of a couple that is wishing to adopt usually from a friend, one of her health-care providers or other contacts.

The process is open and women considering adoption may meet us in person to decide if they would like to select us as the adoptive parents. That's where you come in! We would appreciate your help in forwarding this email and attached letter along to your friends and family. Other people to whom you could give the attached letter could be your church leader, ob-gyn or family doctor and any friends who work in medical clinics, as counselors, etc. Even where you get your hair and nails done can be a great place to get the word out!

If you have any questions about giving out our letter, or how adoption works, please email us at koernigfam@gmail.com. To get to know us better please visit our blog at http://koerdale.blogspot.com. Additionally, we have an
adoption agency helping us to be sure we do everything correctly. Our adoption agent, Larry Draughon, can be reached at 480-968-2995.

There is nothing more important to us than having a family, and we thank you for helping us create ours!

Aaron and Marian