Thursday, April 10, 2008

Temple Square Mission Reunion



For those who may not know I served a mission on Temple Square '02-'04 and I am sure every missionary may say this, 'it was the most wonderful mission in the world,' but my mission truly is the most amazing mission in the world.

Let me give you a few insights as to why I feel this way. First, we walked and taught in the shadows of a Temple, and a historic one at that, and all of Temple Square is dedicated ground (many people don't know this). Second, I served among the most amazing women WORLD-wide. The world was truly our mission. Over 40 different countries are represented on Temple Square. I cherish and love each one of those sisters, they are AMAZING!!! Third, we carried a heavy responsibility of being the first impression many would have about the church and we would have only moments to touch their soul, this was not easy but as we saw these miracles occur time after time. It was hard having such a special experience only to send them on their way and to never know what the outcome would be. Missionary work is a selfless work, but missionary work on Temple Square in this regard was even more selfless. Fourth, as my Mission President stated many times, "the Lord loves Temple Square," and He truly does.

Now, I won't recap all of my mission for you, even though I did read one of my mission journals lately. I actually wanted to share with you some glimpses of my last reunion. It was so incredible to meet up with past missionary buddies and still see such a strong light radiate from them. And to see my Mission President and his lovely wife and feel of their love and strength, oh it was so sweet...

Here is President and Sister Crouch!! I LOVE these people, they truly changed my life and I felt so honored to serve under such an incredible Mission President and his darling wife.


Here is a picture of a few of the sisters, our camera couldn't fit them all in. Check out the slide show for more pictures.


It was just so fun to see the sisters with their eternal companions or soon to be eternal companions, some even had their sweet babies with them. I couldn't get enough of being around the my fellow Temple Square sisters. President and Sister Crouch threw a wonderful reunion, there was a dinner buffet and short program. Sister Samaroo put together a slide show presentation of pictures sent in from sisters, and then I think it was President Larsen who put together a slide show of the senior couples who served. Then we, of course, stood and recited Doctrine and Covenants 4, The Standard of Truth, and My Missionary Commission. I couldn't believe that even though I have been home for 4 years that I could still remember them. I must admit I was a bit rusty on my Missionary Commission. The evening was just fabulous! I am going to put a slide show of the some of the pictures, I really wish I would have just walked around and took pictures of all of the tables, but of course I was busy chatting. :o) The evening was one that I will hold dear for a long time.


3 comments:

Stefanie Panhuyzen said...

Looking at all those pictures made me cry. I wish we would all live closer. I LOVE all the sisters and miss them. You look great Molly!

The Shepro's said...

Thank you so much for posting some pictures. I feel all torn up inside that I could not be there. Looks like it was an amazing night, I am so glad you got to go. Pres and Sis Crouch definitely changed my life as well, they helped me to develop some important qualities and talents that have helped me in many aspects of life. Well, you look so beautiful and radiant as always Molly. Thanks again for posting. P.S. The monkeys butt made me cringe. Yikes that poor animal, it must be so hard to find a date.

M. said...

glad you had fun!!! WEll worth it eh?! loves!