Sunday, January 6, 2008

What a week!

Well, I don't have pictures for this week, because my sister accidentally took our camera home with her and left her camera here. So, here is the latest from this past week.

Addy is getting over having croup and Aubrey got croup. I am exhausted...I sure love being a mommy...however this one part of the job description that lies at the bottom of the "favorite list." Rylan has been a super help at taking turns getting up with the girls. The first day of being sick is actually nice, because I get to hold Aubrey a lot. This is hard to do because she is so active that getting some snuggles out of her is quite the task. Aubrey and Addy both are on the mend, although Aubrey does seem a bit grumpy as of lately.

I hesitate sharing this next part, but it was so funny and random that I can't help it. This morning we were all snuggling in bed while Aubrey got up and went to open all the bedroom shades. While she was opening the shades she said...

"I pickin my nose, n' puttin on ma pants."

After recovering from the initial shock of what she said, we couldn't help but crack up. I promise this is not a reflection of anything we taught her, but the things they say and do, will just haunt them forever.

Well, that is about it for the time being. Hopefully, we can swap cameras soon and put up some more pics. In the meantime...have a great week!

7 comments:

Lexi said...

Aubrey sounds hilarious!! I love that she said that!

Cami D. said...

Yeah that I found you on Tawni's blog. I can not believe that I haven't seen you since Aubrey was a baby....I am a great friend! Ha ha. That was fun to go back and read about your life for a minute - now we can be real virtual friends! Ha ha!! Send me an email so I can invite you to my blog.

LOVE YOUR GUTS!
Cami D.
camid@Cox.net

M. said...

ha! I remember talking to my nephew at church and he goes "i'm soo starving! that's why i eat my boogers!". yuck. but so funny. I hope everyone is getting better and it stops circulating, for sanity's sake if nothing else!

Liz said...

What fun laughs,
thank you.
At least she put the boogers on her pants, right.
Kids say the darnest things.

Tina ♥ said...

I agree that it's so hard when they get sick! I don't like that part of mommyhood.
Don't kids say the funniest things? I love it because they are so sincere and funny at the same time!

The Shepro's said...

Your kids are SOOOOO cute. I am glad you found me. You know, I always try to think positively, and knowing that you had kids, I assumed you were just super busy and unable to get back to me...believe me, I know about being busy with kids! I often tell people, "DO NOT CALL BEFORE 7PM!!!" I hate talking on the phone while trying to soothe or control screaming babies. My 18 month year old sounds similar to your older one. She is all over the place with energy and super smiley. She keeps me very buys and entertained. Well, I could go on for forever..we have not talked in so long. But I just wanted to say hi.."HI!" and tell you I love ya..."LOVE YA!" I'll try you again another night on the phone. Later you super duper momma you!!! Robyn Shepro aka Sis Clements PS I want to know more about your business.

The Shepro's said...

PS...my daughter has infant asthma so I am there with you about the taking care of sick children. We have a permanent nebulizer and are starting to tally up our trips to the ER or urgent care...Yuck!!! You deserve a trip to the spa after all I know you've been through lately....Doctors orders!!!!!