Sunday, May 3, 2009

AZ Tea Party

Last month we participated in one of the Arizona Tea Parties. We thought it was a great way to exercise our rights in demonstrating for something for which we believe in. We were pleasantly surprised to see so many people out in support of this cause - including MANY young families in tow. I think in general, we are sort of apathetic, slow-to-react, and passive - and this ground-level movement is evidence that the enough is enough! As a family, we felt strongly enough that we needed to make our opinion heard and raise our voices and do something, rather than sit back and gripe and complain at the television.

Ironically, after the demonstration, we wrote out a couple of nice checks to the IRS for our 2008 taxes. How is that for serendipity?

A couple of days later, Molly was outside watching the girls play. Aubrey was simply walking around the yard saying, "NO MORE TAXES! NO MORE TAXES!" Can someone say young Republican in the making???


Some of my favorite posters from the Tea Party are seen below.


A large crowd gathers at Gilbert City Hall.


Walking up to join in the throng!






This one is my favorite.


My sentiments, exactly!




Even Justice, Aubrey, and Addie have enough of these taxes!!!




10 comments:

Katrina said...

Good for you! What a great example for your kids to see you taking action & standing up for important issues too!

M. said...

I really like the work ethic poster :)

Jamie Pearce said...

That is awesome that you participated in that! Some of those posters were awesome! Aubrey is adorable! :) It has been awhile since I've seen you...hope all is well!

Liz said...

I love how there is no excuse for you guys.
I decided to stay home with my kids, where you took your children. Evidently they learned, "No more taxes!"
My father in law went in behalf of those who wanted to go but didn't. Here are a few of his favorite signs that he read:
Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt”, “I am not your ATM”, “Your Mortgage is Not My Problem” and "free markets not free loaders."
I'm glad to hear about a well turned out crowd in Gilbert where it came to about a thousand and contrary to local reports – other news channels besides Fox decided they had better report the event or their evening news will look pretty silly.
Way to do your part!

camirobson said...

Moll! I would have totally did this with you. Love the pics with the kids. I miss you. Let's get together soon. visit our blog sometime too. rancamrobson.blogspot.com

Nick and Hannah said...

Holy smokes--you are a great "speaker of your mind" Dang--I LOVE YOU! I'm excited I found you--You make my heart smile! Have a great day friend! Love--Hannah
derushafamily.blogspot.com

Linette said...

Hi Molly, We went too. I can't believe we didn't see you. Just Michael, the two little ones and I went to the Gilbert one. Then we took the whole family to the one in Phoenix at the Sate Capital. So much fun. My kids really enjoyed it and I hope at least the older ones learned something!

jpluslbaum said...

Hi Molly - It was so fun to see you at the reunion. I loved that it felt like 10 years never happened. I'm glad you decided to come. How's Rylan coming on the blog? ;)

I want to have you and Nikki over. I would love to meet your cute girls. Blog me or email me whitemountainplumbing @ gmail. com. Talk to you soon.

Greg and Lara said...

Hi Rylan! Long time no see! Your girls are growing up to be so beautiful. And your dog is a cutie too - I seriously thought it was a stuffed animal! Looks like your family is doing well. I am very pleased with your music selection of "Gabriel's Oboe", although I had no idea Yo-Yo Ma had this arrangement out. I think it needed more oboe though! :)

Peter and Jen Bell said...

Molly, what's your email address? I have some questions for you about vinyl stuff